Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Change of Plans


Phone rang in the middle of the night: "Code Red Alert - Flash Flood Warning." What? We live in Texas. It doesn't rain here, and never enough to cause a flash flood. Lightening just outside our bedroom windows several times. Power was on and off.

Left at 0615 for PALS class. Traffic was backed up under Interstate. Eighteen-wheelers parked with lights off as if they'd spent the night on the roadway. Interstate closed from here to Cracker Barrel (horrors!!!). And, who would have guessed? My cell phone was dead and charger was in The Champs car from weekend trip. Made it back home, called work, and told them I could not get there for class. Shucks, darn, oh well.

Thankfully, my careful advanced planning guided me to put old Cox Camper cover over chicken coop for their protection. Wonder how wet the hay is this morning? Mowed part of the backyard/field in very wet grass. Do NOT believe I'll be mowing any today!

Need to put forth effort to blog daily as it is quickly becoming the diary I never wrote in on a regular basis. Ummmm....starting to see a pattern here.


No comments: